Saturday, January 22, 2005

Moving to Milwaukee, Christmas, et Cetera

Dooh... It's almost the end of January already. I haven't visited my blog for almost 2 monthsssss... Basically I'm finished with school now, got a job, but because of the damn OPT, I haven't started my work yet. Thanks God, Ernst and Young HR were kind and they moved back my starting date to February 7. Next Monday, I'll go to INS (again) to request for temporary card. Hopefully it will work. I don't want to wait for 1.5 hours and got nothing like last time I went there. The security and the people behind the counter treated foreigners as we are nothing in the US. They should realized that they got more than $30k/ yr from each foreign student that goes to school here. I'm crossing my finger, praying and hoping that the real card will arrive soon. I know my mom, my brother, and my boyfriend also pray with me.

BTW, I and my boyfriend spent our Christmas in Milwaukee. We went to the Christmas midnite mass at St. Josaphat Basilica. The Basilica is sooo beautiful, and we had a great time singing christmas carols together. After that, moving days came, and it was tiring... (felt like I don't wanna move anymore). We spent our new year's eve at Navy Pier Chicago, counting down, and making stupid video. It was fun though, but it was really cold.

I stayed at my boyfriend's house for almost a month until I bought a bed and it's been two days now that I stayed in my new apartment. I miss my old one though. This one, the parking spot was kinda far, and yesterday my car was stuck in the parking ramp, covered with snow because the ramp has no roof. I paid $82/month for the ramp, and that's what I got. The heater also didn't work yesterday, and my room felt sooo cold. Fortunately I met the manager and he turned up the heat later. I'm not that excited and happy with the condition of the apartment. Many leakages on the wall so the wall started to torn apart. Hopefully they will fix it before I continue my lease.

OK, that's the story for now. The weather this weekend turns out to be not too good for driving, and I don't wanna lose my new spot at the ramp. I really wanna start to worrrrkkkk !!! Pray for me please !

No comments:

Post a Comment